Te Marae Ora continues to monitor our covid situation in country and abroad. In the last two weeks we have noted a slight increase in the number of covid infections and re-infections here on Rarotonga and a small number on Aitutaki.
As of yesterday there are 95 active cases in country, TMO would like to encourage everyone to self-protect yourselves by applying basic public health measures of mask wearing, self-distancing and washing of hands. Self-testing using RAT test is also encouraged to quickly identify if you have covid to protect your families and friends.
Te Marae Ora is also introducing compulsory RAT testing and wearing of masks for anyone visiting any of the health facilities as of today. RAT test kits and masks will be available from the community clinics as of Friday 6 January 2023 for members of the public.
Private sector and tourism accommodations can contact TMO Funding and Planning Division on 29664 for test kits and masks. The following guide is issued:
Are you experiencing COVID-19 symptoms?
1. Conduct a Rapid Antigen Test (RAT)
2. If positive, please self-isolate for up to 7 days
3. If your RAT has a negative result then re-test in 24 to 48hrs. If still negative after 48hrs then go to a health clinic where a PCR test will be done to rule out any other viruses.
4. People living with you although not unwell should conduct daily RAT testing and if negative, they can come and go as normal. Daily test for 7 days.
5. If positive, self-isolate for up to 7 days.
6. If self-tested at home to report to the Health Intelligence Unit via – Online Positive COVID-19 form; Phone: 29114 or mobile 56180 After hours: 56180.
7. Should you at any time require medical assistance please call Tupapa Community Health 22065 or 22066 or the Rarotonga Hospital 22664
Use this link if the other one is not working to report your positive test:
Where can you be tested for COVID-19?
At any health facility here on Rarotonga or in the Pa Enua.
Keeping others COVID-19 safe
Practice Public Health measures
o Mask wearing
o Physical distancing
o Hand washing