GOVERNMENT OF THE COOK ISLANDS
OFFICE OF THE PRIME MINISTER
Section 8 of the COVID-19 ACT 2020
Dated: 31 March 2022
It is ordered that:
Indoor and Outdoor Events and Social Gatherings
1. All events and social gatherings, whether in a private or public setting, organised or spontaneous, are restricted to a maximum of 50 people for indoor events or gatherings and 100 people for outdoor events or gatherings unless an exemption has been obtained from the Secretary of Health (or delegate).
2. This includes (but is not limited to) parties; fundraisers; team sports training and games; sporting events; funerals; weddings; live shows; the cinema; night clubs and family land meetings
3. This does not include a gathering for the purpose of business or service -
a. at an office workplace; or
b. as part of ordinary retail operations; or
c. at a hearing of a court or tribunal; or
d. churches, cafes, restaurants and bars; or
e. as part of ordinary operations at an education entity.
4. Individual players may only participate in contact sports, whether in a public or private setting, training or match play, if they return a negative result from a Rapid Antigen Test conducted on the day of the training or match.
5. The following individuals are exempted from the requirement to undergo testing prior to training or match play of contact sports:
a. Players who have been issued with a valid green COVID-19 Freedom Card by TMO because they have recently recovered from a COVID-19 infection.
Contact sports means any sport that involves the participants coming into bodily contact with one another as an accepted part of play.
Pa Enua Travel
6. Air and sea travel from Rarotonga to the Pa Enua (other than Aitutaki) is restricted to pilots and crew for the purpose of transporting cargo from Rarotonga to the Pa Enua, and/or transporting passengers and cargo from the Pa Enua to Rarotonga, unless an exemption has been obtained from the Secretary of Health (or delegate).
This order comes into force at 12:01am on 1 April 2022.
This order will remain in force until 11.59pm on 15 April 2022.