29 August 2022
Regulation 7 of the Ministry of Health (COVID-19) Regulations 2022
Dated: 29 August 2022
Port of Entry
1. The master of a vessel must ensure that, if the vessel enters the Cook Islands, the vessel-
- proceeds directly to either the Avatiu Port, Rarotonga or the Arutanga Port, Aitutaki and berths or lands there, after consulting with the harbourmaster and in accordance with any directions of a Customs Officer; and
- does not berth or land anywhere in the Cook Islands except for Avatiu Port or Arutanga Port until paragraph (a) has been complied with.
2. A master is not required to comply with subclause (1) if-
- the harbourmaster or a Customs Officer directs otherwise; or
- an accident, weather, or another necessity compels the master to berth or land the vessel somewhere other than the Avatiu Port or the Arutanga Port.
Travel to Pa Enua
- Travel from Rarotonga to the island of Palmerston is restricted to the crew for the purpose of transporting cargo to Palmerston and/or transporting passengers and cargo from Palmerston to Rarotonga, unless an exemption has been obtained from the Secretary of Health (or delegate).
This order comes into force at 12.00am on 30 August 2022
This order will remain in force until 11.59pm on 30 September 2022