31 July 2022
Regulation 7 of the Ministry of Health (COVID-19) Regulations 2022
Port of Entry
- The master of a vessel must ensure that, if the vessel enters the Cook Islands, the vessel-
- proceeds directly to Avatiu Port and berths or lands there, after consulting with the harbourmaster and in accordance with any directions of a Customs Officer; and
- does not berth or land anywhere in the Cook Islands except for Avatiu Port until paragraph (a) has been complied with.
- A master is not required to comply with subclause (1) if-
- the harbourmaster or a Customs Officer directs otherwise; or
- an accident, weather, or another necessity compels the master to berth or land the vessel somewhere other than Avatiu Port.
Travel to Pa Enua
- Travel from Rarotonga to the island of Palmerston is restricted to the crew for the purpose of transporting cargo to Palmerston and/or transporting passengers and cargo from Palmerston to Rarotonga, unless an exemption has been obtained from the Secretary of Health (or delegate).
This order comes into force at 12.00am on 1 August 2022
This order will remain in force until 11.59pm on 11 September 2022